This particular wind blew from the cyranocyrano quarter. He is pure and good and wise and I will, therefore, emulate him to stengthen those qualities in myself.
1. My username is ____ because ____.
2. My journal is titled ____ because ____.
3. My subtitle is ____ because ____.
4. My friends page is called ____ because ____.
5. My default userpic is ____ because ____.
1. My name is mnarra because ossian was taken. Ossian was Ossian MacFinn, the son of Finn MacCumail, and was a poet, a warrior, and a mage. That seemed a fairly decent goal to aim for, so, Ossian. But not, because of stuff that is Historic. I was Ossian, once upon, and permitted myself to be bullied from the name, and it was deleted. When I returned to journalling, it was with the conscious intention that I turn the page on the ugly era…and, in a Roger Zelazny story (A Rose For Ecclesiastes), when turning pages in a sacred book one is required to say, “M’narra”, showing proper respect. So. Mnarra.
2. Epinepherine & Sophistry was named that in its previous incarnation, back when. My life was a tumult of foolish emotional games and blackmail, tempered with my attempt to rationalize and verbalize what I was doing with the situations. Epinepherine is a neurotransmitter that burns hot and fast in emotionally traumatizing moments, and Sophistry is the art of rationalization. I like the phrase, I like the rhythm, and I like the way it speaks of me and to me. I will, one day, name a book that.
3. “Composing complex syllogisms on a roller coaster.” There’s that continuation of the title, with the rationalization and the emotional metaphor of the roller coaster. That’s a title I may try to recycle, as well.
4. “The Brain Trust” was originally a core group of my loved ones, to whom I would recite my life and with whom I would try to strain sense from that which wasn’t. My theory is, if I am using another person’s mind to think with as well as my own, then I have twice as many opportunities to be absolutely stunningly creative and ingenious. Add a brain to that and the factor is triple, and predictably etc. One of my favorite things to say is “using other people’s brains to have good ideas.”
5. My default userpic is a headshot of Dream cropped out of “The Sound Of Her Wings”, in which Dream is being all depressive and fussy and silly and self-pitying, even though he knows better. He follows his sister around as she escorts people out of life and gets over himself for a little while. The broodiness of the picture and the situation strongly resembles my own life (no, I am not a personification of cosmic force & pattern, I mean the pointless depression and self-pity), and I like the artwork and love Gaiman’s writing. So, there y’are. Something that tickled the hell out of me was discovering that, independantly, my son devilsaprentice had chosen the picture I cropped the headshot from for his default userpic. Bad blood will tell, I guess.